This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 & iM form check (week 9)

Started by wamarler, September 6, 2015 · 7 Replies · 136 Views

wamarler

Comments requested. Set 5 starts at 6:09.

 

Chris Garay

Nice work Will! Biggest thing would be to slow down the PE a bit to emphasize control instead of momentum. On the iM, strive for more range of motion to the sides and to the back. Good to see a big guy working GST!

 

Best,

Chris

wamarler

Set 5 starts at 9:08.

 

One thing I noticed after watching my 1st video was that I was putting my elbow down behind my fist. This form check video fixes that, and I also strive for greater ROM in the iM (though I'm not sure how effective I was). 

 

Itamar sha'ashuaS

On the PE slow down the tempo, and focus on twisting only your torso, with as little twist as you can in the hips. Also make sure you're not sagging. On the iM I think you need more ROM to the sides, as Chris said.

jpriit

According to the instructional video for the exercise the top leg should be in the back (possibly for limiting the hip rotation).

wamarler

4 weeks later with top foot in the rear, this is the result.

 

wamarler

Here are sets 4 and 5 of week 11, with the corresponding iM's. Mastery?

 

wamarler

bump