This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2-Form Check- I Think I Developed A Bad Habit

Started by HB_Ron, September 4, 2015 · 5 Replies · 107 Views

HB_Ron

My body was unstable on the video cause I recorded after an SL/PE2 workout(4X10reps). I can do mastery with this form but I think I developed a bad habit on the twist. Must I minimize the rotation of the hips by keeping the feet on the ground?

Thanks

Murray Truelove

I don't think you're supposed to end up in a pseudo push up position at all. You're working obliques so twisting the trunk is key (it doesn't look like your trunk twists at all), which means keeping the hips and feet as close the the start position as possible. 

 

Try SL/PE3>IM to get familiar with the movement. 

MattiasF

I agree with Murray, doing a slow set of SL/PE3>iM (without bouncing) before starting my SL/PE2 workout has helped me a lot in understanding which muscles to activate in this movement.

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Yes. You should twist only your torso and try to keep the rest of the body as close to starting point as possible, this should activate your obliques. And also keep that forearm stacked into the floor.

HB_Ron

Thank you good people! I will fix this immediately today and upload a new video!  ;)

HB_Ron

How's the form now? Is it considered to the mastery standards?