Hello!
I've been training calisthenics for a year. I have no gymnastics background whatsoever, I do most things after reading all about it on the internet (this great forum included!).
For the last 6 months I trained Front Lever. Though it was slow, I'm rather happy with the progress I made. I can hold all variations of Front Lever except for full FL with both legs extended. I always make sure my form is perfect - arms straight, no pike in legs/hips, toes extended. As soon as my form breaks down, I stop.
From what I understand, the progressions are as follow: tucked, advanced tucked, one leg (alternating), straddle, half lay, full. There's something weird about me - half lay actually feels easier than straddle. I can hold solid half lay for 10 seconds, while straddle for about 5 seconds.
NOW the funny thing. I once held a perfect full front lever, not just a negative but isometrics for a few seconds! As you can imagine it was a big acheviement for an amateur like me. That was after a week of no trainging at all due to sickness. I'll attach a video to this post. After that, next few tries were succesful though not for as long. Unfortunately for the last two weeks full FL felt impossible again
.
How can I finally transition to the full FL? What could I possibly do wrong while training for it? I want to master this skill. Like if I'm awoken in the middle of the night, I could always hold Lsit. I want the same thing with Front Lever (after warm up ofcourse), that I can hold it whenever I want, not just in extraordinary cases.
VIDEO0568_02.mp4