This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Push up

Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, September 3, 2015 · 6 Replies · 185 Views

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Hello!

I posted two form checks for push ups not long ago and I've been told that I tend to elevate my shoulders at the bottom position instead of depress them.

Here is my push ups after trying to depress more at the bottom position, how is it?

trim.86603ED2-7E68-4A14-A9B4-E8BFACDEED6E.MOV

Chris Garay

Hi Itamar,

 

I think your shoulder depression in the bottom position looks good. One other thing to look for however is to keep your elbows stacked over your wrists. Go back and look at the course videos to see what this looks like (it's very clear in the PE1 video angle).

 

Best,

Chris

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Chris Garay said:

Hi Itamar,

 

I think your shoulder depression in the bottom position looks good. One other thing to look for however is to keep your elbows stacked over your wrists. Go back and look at the course videos to see what this looks like (it's very clear in the PE1 video angle).

 

Best,

Chris

Yes , I know about that. I'm doing it when I do push ups but in the video I just tried to depress as much as I could and it probably caused it.. I'll try to stack it above the wrist while keeping depression, and will upload another video hopefully in the evening.

Thanks Chris!

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Chris Garay said:

Hi Itamar,

 

I think your shoulder depression in the bottom position looks good. One other thing to look for however is to keep your elbows stacked over your wrists. Go back and look at the course videos to see what this looks like (it's very clear in the PE1 video angle).

 

Best,

Chris

 

Today after F7 workout I filmed another video of my Push ups, trying to depress as much as I can in the bottom position while keeping the elbow stacked over my wrists, how is it looks?

 

 

Thank you! :D

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Oh and how does the form looks in general? Is it good for mastery?

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Zach Armijo said:

It's solid. Good tempo. Chest to floor and nice protraction at the top. I'd pass the form.

Thank you Zach!

Now I need to build up the reps with this form until I will get to 5x15.

James Green
Zach Armijo said:

It's solid. Good tempo. Chest to floor and nice protraction at the top. I'd pass the form.

Does it matter that Itamar's scapula appear to wing whilst decending? Or is that something that gets addressed in further PEs and IMs, with the current focus being on full protraction at the top, and depression throughout? My scaps wing whilst performing push-ups, more so than Itamar's, and I don't know whether that's ok or not.