Hello Group,
I suffer from flat feet / fallen arches. Can anyone suggest any exercises to help cure flat feet or would following the Foundation Series eventually fix my issues ?
Thanks,
Theodore Williams
Started by Theodore Williams, September 2, 2015 · 8 Replies · 4,123 Views
Hello Group,
I suffer from flat feet / fallen arches. Can anyone suggest any exercises to help cure flat feet or would following the Foundation Series eventually fix my issues ?
Thanks,
Theodore Williams
Front split series would be your best bet. I also recommend walking barefoot on gravel a few times a week.
Get rid of shoes that have positive heels.
Thank you both Seminole4 and Mark. i have the middle split series but i will invest in the front split and i have stop wearing shoes with heels .
In addition to the great advice above (particularly the Front Split course, which has some outstanding exercises for the feet.)
Lay a towel out on the floor and try to scrunch it up just using your toes. Can be done standing, sitting or supine.
I have some fallen arches myself and am wondering how the front split series helps? I should probably just get started on it right away but is there anything I should pay extra attention to?
Hansenator,
Go ask in the Front Split forum, man.
The Hansenator said:I have some fallen arches myself and am wondering how the front split series helps? I should probably just get started on it right away but is there anything I should pay extra attention to?
The first few exercises work the calf and intrinsic foot muscles. The intrinsic foot muscles are what gives you the arch.
I was looking it over last night and it looks like there's some great stuff in it. I think I'll start it this weekend.