This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/SE3 Tuck Planche

Started by David Birchall, September 1, 2015 · 6 Replies · 332 Views

David Birchall

Going back to tuck PL and videoing myself to sort out my form.  Am I protracting enough here?  I can't tell as my eyes lie to me I think.  They do when training in front of a mirror anyway - video never lies.

 

Here it is:

 

http://youtu.be/DSpgfsr7Q_g

 

 

I'm moving around because I'm really confused about shape and struggle to know where my hips are by just feeling.

 

also, I'm confused about what shape my back should be here - I know its hard to see with a vest on - I just noticed it was different the other day - is it caused by protracting/depressing less or lower hips or what? I am doing with my back in these two pics.  I'm gonna have to video every tpl session now I think....

 

cheers guys for any help, it's really appreciated thanks :)

 

 

post-3032-0-90891700-1441110921_thumb.jp

post-3032-0-31673200-1441110954_thumb.jp

David Birchall

Hands closer, more lean & depression, ok at least I've fixed my protraction to some level then.  Thanks for that Zach I'll have this form nailed eventually.

David Birchall

I did a load of videos trying to figure out the correct hip height by feel.  I can't really see on my phones camera as I am doing it... think I may have to purchase a large mirror.  Tried to lean into it this time.

 

could someone please critique?  Also my upper back - should it be rounded like it is when I start the set all the way though?

 

Thanks,

 

David

 

 

 

Murray Truelove

Videos are set to private.

David Birchall

Whoops, changed them now.

David Birchall

Cheers Zach I'll have this down fairly quickly I think my holds will increase at a more accelerated rate as it feels easier leaning into it with hands closer... Dunno why I naturally went for a more difficult way to do it? Strange.

Dropping down to 180lbs now as I'm still carrying quite a bit of fat at 200 after coming down from 210 and I want to get past this, that darn FL/PE6 and wrist wall HS both of which I've been on nearly 9 months now which is toooooo long for my sanity.

Just for clarification, which of these two should I aim to have my hips?

The second image right? The first one actually feels harder to hold.

post-3032-0-54848000-1441399907_thumb.jp

post-3032-0-14585800-1441399933_thumb.jp

And if I'm going on to open planche after this anyway, doesn't that progression have the hips higher than tuck? I can't get tell from the video. If I'm increasing leverage by moving legs back, would it not be better to keep them further back as a step towards SPLSE4?

Thanks for taking the time to critique these by the way, I'm going to start videoing stuff that I'm not sure on now in future, will save a lot of hassle when I go back and video the requirements for mastery.

DonGray

Making good progress David!

Video 3 - Good lean there and seems quite solid, I'm still working through planche leans.