This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Having access to a gymnastics facility .

Started by Rahul, September 1, 2015 · 8 Replies · 352 Views

Rahul
From tomorrow , i will have access to a gymnastic facility . :)

The question i have is - 

How can I maximally make good use of the facility .

The thing is - I am on only F1 and H1 . ( F1 and H1 dont even require much stuff/equipment ) .

Can i train some basic skills over there ? 

I understand that i must not even try anything of higher level until i master F4 and H2 . But still , any gymnastics based practice I can do ? I have 3 hours that I can train over there . And i want to make the best use of it .

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Congrats! I wish I could get an access to a gymnastics facility.. :lol:

 

Your first priority here is doing your foundation and handstand work first. 

When you're done you can play with whatever you want (play smart, do not do things that are not for your level and can hurt you) if you got energy left.

Also, when you'll progress on foundation and handstand courses, more equipment will be needed and a gymnastics facility will be great for you.

Rahul

Are there any online resources that can help me get started ?

Bro'

http://www.drillsandskills.com/

 

I don't really think that's enough, but each event has a 'basics' section which can help you figure out what to do.

Jon Douglas

An approach I worked out was to get hold of the FIG routines (any countrys is fine) and test 'mastery' more or less like the courses here. Run several times through the highest you can do perfectly for conditioning, which keeps the shortlist of individual elements to be learnt down to just the couple required for the next level up.

This seems to keep me on track and keeps me both focused and asking the right questions :)

Rahul

Will there be a course for gymnastic skills ?

Alexander Egebak
Rahul said:

Will there be a course for gymnastic skills ?

There will be a movement course with dynamic strength exercises that may or may not feature gymnastics skills ;)

Ravn
Jon Douglas said:

An approach I worked out was to get hold of the FIG routines (any countrys is fine) and test 'mastery' more or less like the courses here. Run several times through the highest you can do perfectly for conditioning, which keeps the shortlist of individual elements to be learnt down to just the couple required for the next level up.

This seems to keep me on track and keeps me both focused and asking the right questions :)

Jon, could you provide a link? I'd like to check it out.