This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE1-im

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, September 1, 2015 · 4 Replies · 82 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

 

I had to drop down an element due to shoulder impingement from being too overzealous with the handstand mobility. How does this look? I can do the strength element without fail. I did seven sets today by accident and wasn't fatigued. I feel tension in the shoulder when it goes behind the head, not sure if this is normal or exemplifies my not having mastered it. Let me know about ROM. Appreciated

HB_Ron

Do you feel the impingement in the front shoulder?

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Sorry? Not sure I understand. When my arm goes up and behind my head, behind the neck, I feel tightness or strain on the shoulder. When my other arm is simultaneously swinging forward to the opposite armpit, no, I do not feel any impingement in that shoulder (the one swinging towards the armpit) only when it goes up and behind my head.

HB_Ron

Where exactly do you feel the strain?  In your front deltoid\bicep or rear deltoid? 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Rear deltoid