This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Long Head Of The Biceps Recovery - RC/PE1 Progress

Started by HB_Ron, August 31, 2015 · 6 Replies · 357 Views

HB_Ron

Hey guys. Last year I injured my left shoulder. For some reason, I feel like it's time to share my recovery process and thoughts here.

 

September 10th 2014 - My body was not prepared well for shoulder width shoulder dislocations. But I was doing these anyway. I was performing them too fast and as a warm up. I was rushing for an unbelievably stupid belief-I thought that 'I'm 18 & I have no time' and all this kind of bullsh!t..

A day after that case, my left arm suddenly dropped while I was doing arm circles backwards. It was a bad day for me to be alive. I was like 'it's over'. I was not ready because I centralized all of my efforts in two main areas- handbalancing and GST. I felt messed up and anxious all of a sudden.

 

I stopped immediately, went home , made an appointment to see an Orthopaedic and rested for the entire week from any exercises that caused pain. Unfortunately, I had to wait for almost 2 months for the appointment. I was really impatient back then. I started immediately rehabbing the injured shoulder. I thought the condition was getting better UNTIL on ....

 

October 21st 2014 On a chilly day, the pain returned and even sharper than before...

I met the Orthopaedic and did an ultrasound check that day and was under his order to refrain from pulling exercises like bicep curls, rows, pull-ups, etc for at least 2 weeks.. And was told it would not take 2 months or 3 or 4 damned months to heal completely.. BUT at least 6-12 months for a full recovery.

 

November 6th 2014 - I started Foundation One. I barely could do 2 reps of RC/PE1. On the 3rd rep I felt discomfort.

Here's a video of how Hinge Rows were 8 months ago:

 

And Here's how they look today:

 

I'm so glad right now . I mastered RC/PE1 and my progress at RC is going to skyrocket!

 

Big Ideas I learnt in these 11 and a half months:

• People who drop their ego and start at week 1 day 1 are very wise to my eyes.
•There were times when I tried testing my left shoulder's previous limits when I knew for sure it hadn't been ready yet. My point is that when a part of the body is injured, don't worry about the things you 'could do'. You need to focus on the things you 'should do' in order to let it heal.

• We have only a pair of arms - We cannot get new pieces once they've been seriously damaged like in cars. Everyone have to understand that & respect their own body more.

Prometheus

Damn. Much respect.

Coach Sommer
HB_Ron said:

... There were times when I tried testing my left shoulder's previous limits when I knew for sure it hadn't been ready yet. My point is that when a part of the body is injured, don't worry about the things you 'could do'. You need to focus on the things you 'should do' in order to let it heal ...

 

Well said.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

PhilipP

Was there anything in particular that helped you recover from this injury? Did you completely rest before starting foundation? Did you use foundation exercises to rehab or was there added stuff? Just curious since I've been fighting something similar for the past few months. thanks

Phil

Jon Douglas

Wow, congratulations and well done :)

sean

"• People who drop their ego and start at week 1 day 1 are very wise to my eyes." -Finally.... I get the respect I deserve ;D

Good job friend..inspirational...words I should heed....keep it up

jfreaksho
HB_Ron said:

 

•There were times when I tried testing my left shoulder's previous limits when I knew for sure it hadn't been ready yet. My point is that when a part of the body is injured, don't worry about the things you 'could do'. You need to focus on the things you 'should do' in order to let it heal.

It gets even harder to tell when it is questionable.  A car crushed my foot a year ago.  The hardest thing was when I was feeling pretty good but wasn't healed entirely.

 

If it is questionable, just don't.