This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2-iM Bent Sideways Lat Stretch

Started by HB_Ron, August 30, 2015 · 4 Replies · 156 Views

HB_Ron

post-8384-0-48328400-1440945081_thumb.pn

I'm a bit confused with this stretch.

If the body moves to the left side then should the right Lat be stretched? This is what happens to me and I have no idea if the stretch should be felt actually on the other lat. :wacko:

 

Anyway here're 2 demo videos of me from the side and front.

 

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Wes Tan

Yep that is exactly what you should feel. When you move to the left, your right iliac crest (waist attachement of latissimus dorsi) moves away from the right rm and so stretches

HB_Ron
Wes Tan said:

...When you move to the left, your right iliac crest (waist attachement of latissimus dorsi) moves away from the right rm...

Thank you for explaining Wes ! :)

Jason Dupree

I feel this on the same side I lean too... I do try to move just shoulders and keep hips from moving. Maybe I should revisit this lol

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Bump. I definitely only feel this one on the outside of the shoulder into which I'm leaning. I lean to the left, the outside of the left shoulder stretches, and vice versa. I am fully aware of tightness in my thoracic/lats/chest, but was completely unaware that this was ever meant to be felt in the opposite lat muscle (so a lean to the left stretches the right side). Am I missing something?