This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE2 Form Check

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, August 28, 2015 · 8 Replies · 218 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

How are you doing?

 

I would appreciate your time feedback on this one. Just wondering if my form is good enough to keep building volume and increasing ROM? I am concerned about that rounded back but if I try to keep it straight, the lumbar spine is still rounded I guess due to lack of APT (can sit in a straddle with the APT only on a sofa/chair :( )

Thank you

 

Alessandro Mainente

More compression is needed. tempo is fine.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi, here's a quick update:

 

I was working with 5x3 target every week trying to get better at compressing more and I guess I made a bit of improvement. Here's what my straddle ups look like now

 

What do you think?

 

 

Thank you :)

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi all,

 

Can you please check my form?

For the last 10 weeks I did 5x3 of those to increase ROM but decided to try 3x6 and I definitely see some progress. My question is - should I still work on more ROM before proceding to week 5?

I usually incorporate MN SE1 and MN SE2 mobility exercises from F2 in a warm up after Tuck Ups, they seem to help a little. I also follow Alessandro advice to hold top position with hands holding the feet, then release the feet and I can keep that contration for about 15 - 20 seconds (really helpful). Sometimes the day after I feel intense DOMS somewhere in front hips (flexors I guess).

 

Here it is:

 

Thank you!

Vytautas Pilkauskas

A quick update:

 

I see very little improvement and I have a question: I have been doing 3x3 and then 5x3 since the end of August twice a week. And I don't feel it at all, volume is too little. What do you think if I had one or two extra sessions of MN PE2 every week?

 

Also, would you recommend doing a static hold of top position for 30 seconds? I get to it by pushing my legs with arms assistance into my torso. :)

 

Thank you very much

 

wamarler

Sometimes I struggle with what is good enough mobility to advance. I think you're good to increase your reps; just keep sitting up as high as possible. Keep in mind I'm not a coach or moderator here.

 

I think you need to do more than holding yourself compressed to achieve the almost chest-to-ground pancake that the athlete in the course video is demonstrating. Coach would of course (I'm sure), point you to the middle split stretch series ;-).

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thank you for the response :)

Yes, I see a lot of room for improvement, that's definitely my goal with straddle ups.

And I'm doing MS course every week it's just my pancake mobility is still to be worked on, although I improved enormously from working on three blocks to one when doing pancake :)

Cole Dano

Looks like a nice improvement from your original post, I'd advise you to start adding reps, can continue working as you are.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Thank you very much :)

It is a great feeling that work is paying off :)