This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE5 Form Check and a quick question

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, August 28, 2015 · 9 Replies · 200 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi guys,

 

Before lifting the arms up I try to extend them as far as I can. Actually I tried this out today and found it a lot harder than lifting them up not extentended. Is this the correct way to start the movement?
I am having huge cramps in traps and shoulders. Will work block 1 for a while now.

I am using 5,5 lbs now for both PE and iM. What is mastery standard for both of them? 20lbs+? I think I wouldn't want to move on until my form is perfect and until I reach mastery weight.

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

Some tips:

move your chin forward before reaching the floor. 

try to hold you shoulders as low as possible to avoid excessive work due to thoracic extension.

do not extend your wrist.

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hello, how are you doing?

Here is a quick update of my work with this element. How is it now? How is scapula supposed to be kept here? I noticed that I elevate it but lack protraction. Was it supposed to be protracted and elevated or neutral and protracted or how?

 

 

Thank you :)

Alessandro Mainente

About protraction: to reach full protraction you should rotate the scapulas because the pushing sensation similar to planche it is impossible due the fixed position of the body, unfortunately the only way could be rotate the upper arm externally and arrive with supine grip (but with a bar it's difficult to do). what you can do to emulate the planche result is firmly push the hips and the shoulder to the floor.

Vytautas Pilkauskas
Alessandro Mainente said:

what you can do to emulate the planche result is firmly push the hips and the shoulder to the floor.

This is gold! Never thought it this way. You just made my day with your feedback on all of my posts :D

 

Thank you very much, Alex

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Update:

 

I employed your advice, Alex, and tried to push shoulders and hips to the floor as strong as I could and I think this time it is much better than the first time. Thanks again for your great advice.

I will also upload Shoulder Dislocates video here to avoid multiple forum threads. PE - 1,25 kg/2,75 lbs iM - 2,5 kg/5,5 lbs

 

 

And dislocates. I can tell you that I now understand what you mean when you said fluid elevation, absolutely outstanding feeling to do dislocates now. I will focus on improving form every day.

 

 

Thank you :)

Alessandro Mainente

Stop at 18 sec and look how you upper rigth trap is squeezed. you have a littel imbalance here some stretch for upper traps should fix this little imbalance.

Vytautas Pilkauskas
Alessandro Mainente said:

Stop at 18 sec and look how you upper rigth trap is squeezed. you have a littel imbalance here some stretch for upper traps should fix this little imbalance.

Thank you :)

Is TB stretch series alone ok for that?

Alessandro Mainente

yes especially the folded traps stretch, here focus on depressing the shoulders.

ausswe

this interests me as well.  what i have taken away from this is: externally rotate humerus, protract and elevate scapular, keep neutral T-spine and dont bend the wrists in H pe5.  Is this correct? also im assuming those arm and shoulder positions should be the same when doing handstand work as well?

 

Cheers.