This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 im - standing extension

Started by Jason Dupree, August 27, 2015 · 6 Replies · 176 Views

Jason Dupree

I'm closing in on mastery on these, but not quite there. In this video there is no weight on the bar only because I couldn't find anything suitable, and I wanted to get feedback before my next HS session. I used 5lbs in my workout yesterday, only had my left arm falter near the end. With that said, how does this look? I'm worried I'm hunching forward too much.

https://youtu.be/h03okSISgaY

Alessandro Mainente

height is fine, be sure to pass the assignment with 7-8 kg.

Jason Dupree

Whoa that's 15-18 lbs? Is it not 5lb like the flexion exercise?

Alessandro Mainente

Nope. the only exercise with light weight is the prone lying flexion.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alessandro Mainente said:

Nope. the only exercise with light weight is the prone lying flexion.

I know that in the supine handstand shoulder flexion (PE4) you need to keep your wrists (bar) just off the ground.

How much weight is required for mastery? Isn't less weight will be harder in this exercise?

 

I know it has been asked in the forum but still I want to be sure because I saw couple of answers..

Jason Dupree

In PE1 seated shoulder flexion it says 5lb minimum (and that's the only mention of weight I saw in the PEs), and I thought we were to master all weighted bar work with at least 5lbs then move on, continuing to increase (like with Jefferson curls) to higher weights. So I should not move on to PE3 until I can do this with 15lbs?

Alexander Egebak
Alessandro Mainente said:

height is fine, be sure to pass the assignment with 7-8 kg.

I thought mastery was 2.5 kg. Welp