This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche Lean - technical failure: body shape

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, August 27, 2015 · 4 Replies · 323 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi All!

I noticed that my body shape during planche lean hold progressively change a bit, so I'm trying to understand clearly when to stop a set (technical failure) and resume.

In this pic I show my body shape at the beginning (top) and at the end (low) of a static hold.

post-10847-0-66149700-1440684412_thumb.p

 

Personally I see that in the top pic lats are enough visible (at least I think so).

in the lower pic they look less activated. Also back looks more rounded. Indeed stomach looks like more "sucked in".

Serratus looks activated in both pics, so I think it is not a loss of protraction issue.

So Is this because of a loss of scapular depression??  Or is there something else?

If so,  do you repute that lower pic is a sign of "technical failure" , so I should stop the static hold once my body reaches this form and resume?

thank you!

 

P.S. if you see any other mistake, I would appreciate any other thoughts! :)

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Loss of depression. clearly visible on the position of your rounded back.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Yesterday I worked on planche leans, focusing mainly on keeping scapular depression.

 

Here's another comparison: initial position (top pic) vs final (low pic)

post-10847-0-44194300-1440930029_thumb.j

 

It looks that my butt is too high in the lower pic, I'm a bit piked, so I guess I've reached techinical failure, am I right?

I am not sure if there is a loss of protraction and/or depression between upper and lower pic... I clearly see butt higher, but I wonder if it is a related consequence.

Thank you!

 

 

 

 

 

Alexander Egebak
mauler said:

Yesterday I worked on planche leans, focusing mainly on keeping scapular depression.

 

Here's another comparison: initial position (top pic) vs final (low pic)

attachicon.gifpicture1440878125.jpg

 

It looks that my butt is too high in the lower pic, I'm a bit piked, so I guess I've reached techinical failure, am I right?

I am not sure if there is a loss of protraction and/or depression between upper and lower pic... I clearly see butt higher, but I wonder if it is a related consequence.

Thank you!

Good first attempt! The pictures are a bit blurred so I cannot see if you protract enough.

 

You are piking your hips in the second attempt, yes.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

The frames has been extracted from these two videos. Alexander, you are right, video quality is not the best (I should buy a new camera) ... Anyway, the pike is clearly visible. :D

Here's a video comparison : first set (upper video) vs fifth set (lower video).

 

 

This is from a schedule of 5 set * 6-7 secs. Previously I was working keeping a lower lean.

Judging from the video comparison, I guess there is a substantial loss of form, so the form showed in the fifth set is not considered correct in terms of mastery, am I right?

 

Unluckily video quality is not the best, but I wonder if The piking visible on the lower video is due to a loss of protraction or something else... what do you think?