Hello I have some questions for you all.
I have read in a previous thread that it is suboptimal to be resting less than 3 minutes between sets if you are trying to develop maximal strength, because the right energy system doesn't have time to regenerate or something or other. So what I would like to know is:
1. Is this actually true in context for beginners? For example would you not get stronger at vertical pulling on a basic exercise like pull-ups if you do not rest longer than 3 minutes. I would prefer some anecdotes by more experienced amateur gymnasts/actual gymnasts on here or perhaps some research so that I may cite it elsewhere.
2. What determines whether an exercise should be focused on for strength or endurance? If I am progressing from pull-ups to weighted pull-ups and eventually one arm pull-ups or the rope climb so many people like here, how do I determine whether it should be considered for endurance or strength?
3. Does work capacity naturally improve as maximal strength increases or must it be trained individually? Referring once more to the pullups, if I progress from pull-ups after training it with strength in mind and eventually reach some analagous one armed equivalent, will I able to do many more pull-ups than I had been able to before even if I only trained with a strength perspective since that progression?
4. SHOULD beginners focus more on endurance or strength? This questions is a result of a post I found on this forum implying that maximal strength in a movement must be mastered before endurance is even attempted.
I have read a post from coach sommer here about how his athletes are able to do like 50 pike presses in a row or something or other. So basically the point of question 3 is whether or not this work capacity is a result of individualized endurance training or mostly a result of large maximal strength training