This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pseudo Planche Pushup

Started by Korolev, August 26, 2015 · 3 Replies · 160 Views

Korolev

This one was super rough at first!  Like with the straddle up I want to work it for a couple more blocks until I feel like it isn't so difficult.  I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where I was 12 weeks ago though haha.  As before, thanks for your time and advice.

 

 

 

https://youtu.be/HxfkqtBZiVI

chuchodani

The angle is not ideal but here is my critique. Point your toes more, keep a tight body with proper PPT and protract at the top, if you see the video again your lower back is arched at the bottom position and in the way up, see if you perform better with your wrist turned to the side just a little bit more. For this exercise is not necessary to reduce the friction on your feet, so maybe you what to remove the plastic item that you're using.

Chris Garay

Hi Korolev,

 

Lots of work to be done here. Protract your shoulders much more at the top of each rep, and keep them depressed more throughout. Keep your legs together, and do not let your hips sag. Spend more time developing the planche lean position (sPL/PE5) as well. Good luck!

 

Best,

Chris

Alessandro Mainente

Relax your feet, you have your shoulders to counterbalance the weight ;-)