I wasn't sure if this was the best place to put this but: Is it possible for part of a muscle to be less active than the rest of it?
I've had back problems for years and, with the help of a couple of physical therapists, I found that it comes from a lazy glute.
I was noticing today an area of the glute near where the upper-inner corner of my back pants pocket is that doesn't like to stay active. When I get it to work, my back feels really good and I can walk and lift things in comfort but I can also feel that it fatigues rapidly. It's like that one part of the muscle is really out of shape.
The funny thing is I've always been able to flex my butt, practice glute bridges and karate kicks and stuff but it's like that section of muscle doesn't like to be active during certain activities or positions. Does that sound like something that can happen?
During my walk today I was able to feel that area of the glute working more than usual and the muscles of the opposite side foot felt like they were also working harder than usual. I've been having issues with plantar fasciitis in that foot and I was wondering if there could be a connection? Could glute issues on one side lead to foot problems on the other side?
Can someone explain how this works or if I'm just crazy?
Thanks.