I currently am doing the 3 Day Foundation Workout (Week A). There is a big jump in some of the elements (particularly FL/PE5 in my case). I don't know that I'm ready for that big of a jump. What should I do? Do I repeat the week over and over until all elements are ready for advancement, even if some are relatively easy?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Not ready to move on in all elements and not wanting to screw up programming
Started by Milkman, August 23, 2015 · 5 Replies · 249 Views
No, if you can master an element for rope climb, but not front lever, move on for the rope climb, as an example. In other words it's ok to be at pe1 on one thing and pe3 on another.
I think I should've been more clear. I do understand that I can move on in one element but not in another. I'm asking exactly how to do that. So for example, if I am on the following (I'll use two elements for simplicity): FL/PE5: 4x24s and RC/PE7: 3x1rx10s and am ready to move on in the RC, but not FL. When I advance the week, I am instructed to do FL for 4x36s (too big a jump) and RC for 5x1rx10s (no problem).
Do I put myself back a week on the FL? If I do that, won't it mess up my de-load scheduling?
.
So, then I do go in and set back the FL setting one week?
if you cant add 12s increments, try doing it in 9-6 or even 3s bumps. dont add the time only to sacrifice form, so its fine just to bump up the time and every 4th week do half of the volume as a deload just like in the course info.
im for example doing 5x10 pushups and by the time this week ends, the third week will have been 5x12 so deload is 5x6r simple as that. ![]()