My knees feel somewhat stranger over time as I progress over one leg squat progressions. I go fairly slow, I start about a year ago just with regular bodyweight squats, now I do a sort of half pistol squat. Now I've never outright had pain in my knees, or even discomfort really, it just feels sort of strange, as if there is a bubble of air in the joint or something putting pressure on things, and usually by knee will crack, as if one were cracking their knuckles, when I have this feeling in the knee.
What I want to know is if this a bad sign of something. I do not want something to happen in my knees. Again, no pain or discomfort, but I am so ignorant about these topics I'd though I might as well ask.
I am 18 years old and have never had an injury on my joints before, and I am 5'7 about 135 pounds for reference.