Hello. When I do negative candlestick or "dragon flag" or "body lever", I try my best to keep the hollow form. I squeeze my butt and cave my abs and tense everything, but my butt will always touch the ground before my lower back. Does this indicate bad form?
Kaboose touching ground in "Candlestick"
Started by trouble tomato, August 21, 2015 · 5 Replies · 1,313 Views
trouble tomato said:Hello. When I do negative candlestick or "dragon flag" or "body lever", I try my best to keep the hollow form. I squeeze my butt and cave my abs and tense everything, but my butt will always touch the ground before my lower back. Does this indicate bad form?
Yes.
It means you are not hollow and have lost PPT.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
ok I will reduce volume and try to fix. When I am doing the negative candlestick, how much of an angle should there be between my legs and torso at the hips? Is a slight angle allowed? Also what does the acronym PPT stand for?
"how much of an angle should there be between my legs and torso at the hips?"
Zero. Flat hips. Use an easier progression and move forward.
I wasn't trying to cheese my way through the exercise I just couldn't tell from the pictures on the internet they are usually shot from some strange angle.
PPT is posterior pelvic tilt basically you are tilting the hips up at the front so you have a flat lower back.