This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS-PE1 iM Form check

Started by mike_ross, August 21, 2015 · 4 Replies · 125 Views

mike_ross

Hi everyone!

I did a mastery attempt for HSPE1 + iM with all sets and reps done.

 

But, comparing to the course video, I am doubting about my iM.

 

- iM: Is the ROM correct? I wasnt sure about the width between hands when grabbing the bar.

 

I have recorded the iM reps (01:08, 02:33, 04:10, 05:50) in different angles to be easier to see.

 

Is it ok?

 

Thanks

 

mike_ross

Thanks.

 

There is something I dont understand well.

 

I understand the part of keeping rib cage in.

 

But for the arms... if I lean more forward with the torno, and the arms should be in line with the torso and biceps in ears.... the line of the arms is also leaning forward in diagonal.

 

Dont you have to pull back with the arms untill they are straight up and perpendicular to the floor (like in the video)? making that point to coincide to the point of not being able to dislocate as you said. (and at the same time your scapulas are elevated and protacted)

 

?

mike_ross

Ok, what you mean with "bringing them in with the body line"?

If I am pulling back, the arms are going backwards away from the ears, so they dont continue the body line of the torso.

maybe Im misunderstanding something...

mike_ross

Ok thanks for the explanation.

 

I think I got it now.

 

I was focusing on the line of the arms according to the floor (90degrees). But I see that that line it is just secondary as it can be lower like a diagonal in case you are not flexible enough yet.

 

So you just have to focus on the line of the torso/spine with rib cage in, scapulas right position (elevated and protacted), and arms continue like that. And in case the arms go beyond your ears, just be happy with your flexibility.

is that right?

 

If so, I will try it again and record it

Riku Calderón

Just one little beauty thing to the PE :D

Point the ancles and bring your feet closer to your ass.