This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planch lean - again

Started by Tobias Akeblom, August 21, 2015 · 11 Replies · 517 Views

Tobias Akeblom

I have just made it through week 12. And starting over at week 5 with a little bit of increased lean. Is this amount of lean sufficient for mastery?

 

 

 

On another note. When I did this I think I got a minor ligament injury. I think I heard a strange sound and after that my elbow is hurting when I extend it. 

Itamar sha'ashuaS

It looks like your back is rounded too much.

Maybe you can take a video from another angle where we can see your scapula clearly..

Tobias Akeblom

Ok. Good point. I find this to be a tricky position. It is hard for me keeping scapula protracted and depressed. Back to square one ;)

Tobias Akeblom
Zach Armijo said:

The amount of lean is good enough for mastery, but you do however need more depression. You can see you shifting your scaps the further you lean.

How do you cue depression? If I focus on it at first and then add protraction I have a tendency to lose the depression :(

Tobias Akeblom

post-10933-0-39904000-1440696284_thumb.p

Zach Armijo said:

The amount of lean is good enough for mastery, but you do however need more depression. You can see you shifting your scaps the further you lean.

Took the amount of lean back a bit due to elbow pain. How does this look?

 

 

Tobias Akeblom

Another technique session on planch leans. Cannot put enough lean for the moment due to my little elbow injury. Instead I really try to find myself both protracted and depressed. Today I felt really great on this department. 

 

What do  you think about this planch lean form?

 

 

post-10933-0-89545500-1441532141_thumb.p

Tobias Akeblom

Ping anybody somebody.

NickM

To my untrained eyes, you're improving.

 

One way you can isolate the depression is to do the planche on your elbows first, dragging yourself forwards. You might need a couple of yoga blocks under your forearms so you can elevate your torso. This might reduce the pressure on your elbow, and allow you to keep training.

 

To keep the depression, think about touching your hips with the bottom of the scaps.

Tobias Akeblom
NickM said:

To my untrained eyes, you're improving.

 

One way you can isolate the depression is to do the planche on your elbows first, dragging yourself forwards. You might need a couple of yoga blocks under your forearms so you can elevate your torso. This might reduce the pressure on your elbow, and allow you to keep training.

 

To keep the depression, think about touching your hips with the bottom of the scaps.

Elbow lean - great tip. I will try that one.

Edoardo Cagnola

I've found that my form has started to improve when I've started to "depress into a lean" rather than just leaning forward with my torso. It should be your depression that gives you the lean. It works for me, it's the only way I can keep my back straight and avoid too much rounding. Hope this helps!

Tobias Akeblom

Great tip! Such a basic excersice, yet so hard to perform.

Edoardo Cagnola
Tobias Akeblom said:

Such a basic excersice, yet so hard to perform.

So true! But it does build amazing strength and all the time spent on it will pay its dividends later on, so it's all good!