Hey everyone,
So I've been adding some HLLs into my training lately. After a couple of months of work, I've been able to build up my reps to a good 3x5. Looking for more info on the exercise, I came across this article by Coach Sommer:
http://www.dragondoor.com/articles/developing-the-hanging-leg-lift/
I understand my HLLs might not ever get as good as those (they can almost get their head to their knees!), I'd like to get them as clean as possible. Currently, when I do them, I do have to close my shoulder angle a bit, and I touch the bar with my ankles (I'd like to maybe get my toes to the bar). So I figured I'd switch to using Coach's progression to try to get it better.
Right now, I suppose I'm on step 3, and I'm unable to get a hanging V. So here's what I planned:
-Twice a week, work on the Hanging V. Maybe 3 x 10 sec holds, trying to really push my hips down as much as possible. Or should I do more (6x10 secs) as Coach usually likes people to hold things for a total of 60 secs?
-Twice a week, I'm doing some serious stretching. I started two months ago unable to touch my toes, now I can get palms to ground! I know flexibility is important, so I'm pushing hard here too.
My questions:
Is this a good plan? Or should I maybe have a day where I hold the V at the top (static day) and on the other day, just do HLLs as best as possible?
Sorry about so much writing, I wanted to give as much info as possible. Thank you for any help, I really like this exercise!