This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rehab routine check

Started by DiegoTD, August 19, 2015 · 4 Replies · 252 Views

DiegoTD

Hi everyone

 

Just want to know what u think about my rehab routine. I have shoulder ( rotator cuff injury ) and elbow ( medial epicondylitis ) pain in the same arm and pain in both knees ( Im a beginner with no previous training who started doing too advance movements without the properly conditioning :( , my fault )

 

So it goes like this

 

Shoulder :

 

    I do this http://www.physioroom.com/experts/asktheexperts/answers/qa_mb_20050225.php

 

    Exercises number :  1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 8

 

    Here i don't know if a should do all 8 exercise at same time, any thoughts ?

 

Elbow : 

  

    The first video of this for warm up : https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/5284-elbowwrist-   

    prehab-routine/

 

    And :    3 x 20  ( up to 50 )  wrist curls

                 3 x 5    ( up to 10 )   Extensor wrist curls

 

                 ( With 1 kg both )

 

Knee :

 

   All of this  http://www.knee-pain-explained.com/best-leg-exercises.html

 

 

So much of this is from this forum just want to know your opinions.  Also Im doing the Stretching Series all three of them. ( Except the really tough ones like the bridge walk in the gymnastics wall bar or cossack squats )

 

And I have one question: Is it okay if i do elbow and shoulder rehab routines both in the same day or it will be  to much?

 

If u know something more that could help me plis write it, i will be very thankful

 

Thats everything for now :)

Thanks for your attention

Ryan Bailey

Hi Diego,

It looks like you have a fairly comprehensive routine.  I am interested to know how it has been working out for you over the last 2 weeks.  Are you having pain following any of the programs, or is your mobility better?

Best of Luck,

Ryan

Giovanni Garcea

I'm recovering from my own shoulder injury and I'm tweaking and retweaking this light routine that I tried to do Monday to Friday at work, one circuit each day. It is a mix of that work that my PT gave me during rehab, diesel crew protocol, suggestions from this forum and my own investigation.

Internal rotations are probably not needed, I just do them to check the relative strength of internal and external rotation.

Also pull apart and flies are probably redundant.

Everything else is helping quite a bit. Dislocates and Halos have been a shock to the system and I believe they have been helping a lot in reduce clicking noises in my shoulder. Protractions, retractions and shrugs are mainly helping to teach me to move the scapula, that wasn't moving much at all before the injury.

All exercises are done with very light bands and little to no weight for the A's, T's and Y's. Some other exercises that the PT gave me are very similar to what I do in F1 so I don't include them in the dedicated rehab routine.

 
Circuit 1:
Prone "A's"
Vertical arm band ext rotation
Vertical arm band int rotation
 
Circuit 2:
Band Dislocates
Band Pull Aparts
Band Chest Flies
Band Overhead Shrugs
 
Circuit 3:
Prone "Y's"
45 degree arm band ext rotation
45 degree arm band int rotation
 
 
Circuit 4:
Band Retractions
Band Protractions
Plate Halos
Wall Slides
 
Circuit 5:
Prone "T's"
90 degree arm band ext rotation
90 degree arm band int rotation
sean

As I myself have asked and thus been responded too as such unless you have been assessed by a professsional to ensure your not dealing with mulitple issues then it not really possible to comment on whether a rehab routine is going to be effective or not. May be dumb question but have either cleared their routines with a physiotherapist? Even though its light work more light work is not always better either. Physical elements with Set and reps recomended by your therapist also take into count what an injuried body part can handle at that time. If your therapist is perscribing you a rehab routine for recovery and your adding more it confuses the situation. if there comes a time when your recovery halts, or worse reinjured, then you'll have to start from scratch as there will be no way to figure out which routine or circuit upset the treatment plan. remembrer what Coach says in the stretch series "more is not always better...only do these routines once per week" and keep in mind thats for non injuried individuals. That being said we are all adults here with freedom of choice so have at'er.... ;)

Ryan Bailey

 I commend everyone's focus on both physical therapy exercise for rehab with an eye on Gymnastic Strength Training™ with Coach Sommer. 

If only all my patients could be so lucky to have this insight.

Ryan

Physical Therapist