This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Standing during pancake work?

Started by Murray Truelove, August 19, 2015 · 3 Replies · 173 Views

Murray Truelove

I can't get my chest close to the floor during the pancake portion. Any reason not to stand instead?

Chris Garay

Hey Murray,

 

In order to preserve the stimulus of the original stretch, I would recommend elevating your hips onto a block or bench before regressing all the way to standing. I'm sure standing pancake work is useful in its own way, but if the goal is a seated straddle pancake, then perhaps it's best to stay seated.

 

Best,

Chris

Murray Truelove

I currently sit on a box but still lack good compression, presumably because of tight hamstrings. I figured standing would be an effective way to use the weight of my torso.

Stephen Majerle

You could sit on something that is higher than what you're sitting on now, without going all the way to standing. I'm sitting on an elevated surface, my chest is still far from the floor but I can feel it getting a little bit closer each week.