This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1

Started by mike_ross, August 18, 2015 · 5 Replies · 125 Views

mike_ross

Hi everyone,

 

I have a doubt about how to do the exercise.

- PE: if the line of the hips are correct during the movement. if I have to pass shoulder more than the rings like this or if more/less

- iM: if it is ok to hang in a pole like this, or if it is better to go to the stall bar coz otherwise you stretch other muscles.

 

Thanks,

 

Mike.

 

 

 

RC/PE1

Hinge Row

One Arm Upright Lat Lean

Garrick Sevilla

On the PE, you are pulling up too much.  In the top position, your forearm and upper arm should form an "L," i.e. a 90 degree angle, and your scapula should be fully retracted.  In the bottom position, your body should be straight.  Try starting the exercise in the correct top position (arms at 90 degrees, scapula retracted, torso at 90 degrees to your legs) and then lowering into the bottom position.

 

On the iM, you don't need stall bars.  Just a horizontal bar at chest height.  A Smith machine works well and I'd be surprised if the gym you are in did not have one.  Also, keep your torso upright and sit back into the stretch.

mike_ross
Garrick Sevilla said:

On the PE, you are pulling up too much.  In the top position, your forearm and upper arm should form an "L," i.e. a 90 degree angle, and your scapula should be fully retracted.  In the bottom position, your body should be straight.  Try starting the exercise in the correct top position (arms at 90 degrees, scapula retracted, torso at 90 degrees to your legs) and then lowering into the bottom position.

 

On the iM, you don't need stall bars.  Just a horizontal bar at chest height.  A Smith machine works well and I'd be surprised if the gym you are in did not have one.  Also, keep your torso upright and sit back into the stretch.

Thanks, really nice corrections.

 

I will look for a horizontal bar for the iM, I just tried it and the stretch feels totally different .

 

I will keep the 90degrees arms in the PE. But one thing, if you use the top position as the sarting position, the torso and legs have to be more than 90 degrees, isnt it? like in the course video.

Garrick Sevilla
mike_ross said:

Thanks, really nice corrections.

 

I will look for a horizontal bar for the iM, I just tried it and the stretch feels totally different .

 

I will keep the 90degrees arms in the PE. But one thing, if you use the top position as the sarting position, the torso and legs have to be more than 90 degrees, isnt it? like in the course video.

Yes, you're correct Mike.  I meant that your torso should be upright, i.e. perpendicular to the ground.  The torso-leg angle will be more than 90 degrees.  Sorry for the confusion.

mike_ross

I tried it again. Trying to give focus of the arms` angle, retracting scapula, and keeping the line straight.
 
I found that is it so much easier if you turn the rings in the correct way as in the course video (first time I wasnt twisting them at all).
 
What do you think now? I am wondering if I am passing too much forward the imaginary horizontal line of the rings.

 

mike_ross

Thanks.

 

So I wont focused anymore on the depth of retraction as long as I retract. And I will make sure to have the hips under the rings at the top rep, and focused on 90 degrees.

 

Thanks!