This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE1 + iM Form Check

Started by mike_ross, August 18, 2015 · 2 Replies · 58 Views

mike_ross

Hi everyone!

I did a mastery attempt for MN/PE1 + iM with all sets and reps done.
 
Comparing to the course video, is the form correct? At least I am doubting in these points :
 
- PE: I am used to do tuck-up, v-ups, etc withouth laying down completly. I always stayed hollow and continue (tuck-hollow-tuck-hollow... or V-hollow-V-hollow...). But now that I have to lay down touching the floor, my rib cage goes up because I am not very flexible in shoulders (not yet :) ) ... for me it is not a problem or a pain because when I tuck again "I go up through hollow". But I dont know if that is an incorrect form to be able to pass the mastery test.
- iM: I dont know if the ROM is ok or if the arm with the dumbbel should be more straight up
 
Thanks,

Mike.
 


 
MN/PE1

Tuck up

Stiff Leg Windmill

Chris Garay

Hi Mike,

 

The shoulder rotation on the windmill looks good. Finish each rep by completing rotating your torso towards your opposite leg as well. For the tuck-ups, be sure that your knees stay together at the top as well as the bottom of each rep. If your shoulders are tight and causing your ribcage to flare (mine too at times), then I highly recommend the Thoracic Bridge Series.

 

Best,

Chris

mike_ross

Thanks!!

Nice. I was doubting a lot with the windmill. I liked a lot this iM, and Im going to do it often even if I pass to another exercise, so I will focus on the rotation the torso towards the opposite leg.

 

Yesterday I tried the tuck-ups again by laying down completly, and I found that if I open more my arms like in the course video, my ribcage doesnt go that much up. But anyway, the thoracic bridge series and the other stretch series are yelling  to me to get them really soon.