This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Inside squat how low?

Started by RF_Guy, August 18, 2015 · 6 Replies · 282 Views

RF_Guy

I tried to search but was unable to find it. I am starting Inside squat this week. How low is the standard mastery? Is there any specific marker or height recommendation?

Keilani Gutierrez

mastery is hips and knees at the same height. that'll depend from person to person on the foot placement, you want the knees touching when you rotate them inwards and begin the descent. build these gradually.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Mastery is likely to the height as in the video, so starting with feet a bit wider than shoulder width then having the knees touch on the descent. Like with the Jefferson Curls though, I imagine these could be worked (slowly) all the way to the floor.

Freeflyer

I can do them to the floor at this point.  I do them daily along with twisting squats when I wake up.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah whenever I'm sitting down, I stand up using the twisting squat movement.

RF_Guy

Now I know how I will spend next year or two :) thanks!

RF_Guy

Hmmm, it was not bad. I was not able to sit all the way on the floor, but very close.