This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1/H1/Stretch integrated, limited schedule

Started by Rob SFO, August 18, 2015 · 4 Replies · 196 Views

Rob SFO
I want to combine F1, H1 and Stretch into my schedule, but life isn't cooperating right now, so I'm curious what my best option is to fit it all in on a limited schedule.  I'm thinking M/W/F with the following elements:
 
  • M: F1 (FL, sPL, MN, SL), Stretch (MSs)
  • W: H1 (WRE, WP, FKP, WR, FTP, HS), Stretch (TBs)
  • F: F1 (SLS, HBP, RC), Stretch (FSs)
 
I'll only be working each element once a week which isn't ideal, but such is life.  My question is, have I paired up the various elements correctly?  Or does it not matter how I combine them?
 
Thanks,
Rob
Itamar sha'ashuaS

The combining is like that: F4- FL, sPL, HBP, RC  F3- MN, SL, SLS

Jason Dupree

I'm actually experimenting with the exact same schedule, but using the pairing itamar mentioned. There's nothing wrong with changing them like you do, but I prefer the course pairing to keep all my hamstring work on Friday. My hamstrings get extremely sore, so I want to give them as much recovery as possible.

dritar

Depending on where you are on Handstand I might switch TSS for MSS. I wouldn't want to to the bridges after a tiring myself a lot with HS Wall Runs for example. If you're still early in the course (where's still mostly shoulder mobility) or later (where the conditioning aspect won't bother you so much) it's okay.

 

Give it a month and see how it feels.

Cole Dano
Itamar sha said:

The combining is like that: F4- FL, sPL, HBP, RC  F3- MN, SL, SLS

 

- Just to clarify, since the terminology can get confusing.

 

The OP is using F1 to indicate the Course Name = Foundation 1

 

Itamar is referring to the programming schedule where one day 4 of the seven elements are done the next 3.

In this context

F4 = FL, sPL, HBP, RC

F3 = SL, MN, SLS

F7 =  FL, sPL, HBP, RC, SL, MN, SLS

 

- Regarding the question of pairing - choose what suits you best there is some overlap between focus of the Stretch Courses and Foundation+HS

 

 

Thoracic Bridge // F4; HS

Front Split // F3

Middle Split // F3; F4; HS

 

and IMO the most natural pairings are

 

F3 + MSs

F4 + TBs

F3 +FSs

 

but see what happens when you try it as there are other factors that can come into play such as how demanding you find the combination to be. For example F4 + TBs may just be too much and swapping it for Mss may not be as fatiguing.