Doing static holds and some streeching on rest days

Started by gogy, August 18, 2015 · 1 Replies · 2,367 Views

gogy

Hi ppl. I tend to hang out a lot on outside street workout equipment, so on my off days I do few dips, pullups and static holds on dips and bar and some inverted hangs. I also do that sometimes in morning for 20-30 minutes when I have planed later in a day 2 hours of cycling and 2 hours of street workout . 

 

Are such exercises harmful to my recovery process or is it ok to do them for fun while being outside with my friends ?

Cole Dano

The test is very simple, if you don't feel it's interfering with your 'main' workouts then it's not a problem.

 

Generally a little messing around in your free time shouldn't be a big deal.

 

edit: I just saw your post regarding elbow stretches, and agree with the commenter saying it sounds more like you're developing tendonitis. Know this, I don't recommend you do the extra work as you need to make 100% certain you are fully warmed up before attempting any work sets. that is after you've taken care of the tendonitis.