Full ROM Tuck Planche Push Ups

Started by saiyaman, August 15, 2015 · 8 Replies · 3,350 Views

saiyaman

What do you guys think of the form?

Am I doing it right?

Advice is welcome.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Butt tends to be higher than shoulder. stop for 1-2'' at the top.

J0X

hips slightly lower, more protraction, but not bad at all.

saiyaman
Alessandro Mainente said:

Butt tends to be higher than shoulder. stop for 1-2'' at the top.

I did that on purpose because I feel it works a little bit more my shoulder protraction.

saiyaman
J0X said:

hips slightly lower, more protraction, but not bad at all.

Thanks man.

Alessandro Mainente
saiyaman said:

I did that on purpose because I feel it works a little bit more my shoulder protraction.

this does not make sense. use the correct form , if you are unable to hold the planche version in that form you are not prepared for it.

saiyaman
Alessandro Mainente said:

this does not make sense. use the correct form , if you are unable to hold the planche version in that form you are not prepared for it.

I can do it hips aligned with soulders but I find that way easier. Maybe it's because my shoulders are more used to one plane of motion?

Alessandro Mainente

This is not a matter of version you're finding easier if that version it is not correct.

It's like to say "i hold arched handstand because it's easier".

GST is about make something with correct form, then train it to make the performance along this exercise easier than before and not viceversa. this is my pov.

saiyaman
Alessandro Mainente said:

This is not a matter of version you're finding easier if that version it is not correct.

It's like to say "i hold arched handstand because it's easier".

GST is about make something with correct form, then train it to make the performance along this exercise easier than before and not viceversa. this is my pov.

I understand what you say but I think I explained incorrectly, I find hips aligned with shoulders (correct form) easier and hips a little bit higher harder. Isn't there any benefit to train the range of motion I find harder, in this case, hips a little bit higher?