This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front split and pike

Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, August 14, 2015 · 4 Replies · 200 Views

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Hello,

What do you say about my front split and pike?

post-19795-0-49914000-1439552013_thumb.p

post-19795-0-48327500-1439552032_thumb.p

post-19795-0-93970100-1439552045_thumb.p

post-19795-0-53280900-1439552055_thumb.p

 

Thank you! B-)

 

Jon Douglas

I say nice front split and pike :)

Time to go beyond :)

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Thanks! what do you mean by go beyond?

Jon Douglas

If you are so inclined, you are well placed to continue on the passive side with over splits (usually front foot elevated in front split at least at first).

Alternatively, maintain full splits and focus on closing the gap between your active flexibility and passive, especially in pike. Lucas Abners manna is an example of the benefits of having extremely good active compression

I haven't actually heard coach's opinion on this one but I suspect it is more along the lines of the second suggestion ;)

Itamar sha'ashuaS

What are good drills for active flexibility?