This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breaking the rule book?

Started by Henry Skinner, August 14, 2015 · 6 Replies · 326 Views

Henry Skinner

All,

I have scheduled my program to train F7 once a week and handstands once a week. I am seeing some good progress.

Is it good to maintain this programming?

Henry

Cole Dano

As you can see from the numerous options given for training frequency, there is no rule book for it. 

 

If you are progressing on your schedule then you are fine.

chuchodani

In my opinion one of the best schedules is F7 on M/F and H1 Tu/Thu, so you're doing both twice a week. 

Henry Skinner

Thank you for your response Cole.  To be specific, I meant to imply that my adopted schedule is not given as an option in the 'List of Possible Schedules' under the My Workout > Settings section of the webpage.

 

I'll proceed as I am.

 

Best wishes,

 

Henry

Jon Douglas

A single intense day 'surrounded by' more lower level activity (possibly unstructured) seems to be the most time efficient strength template for me.

Nowadays I can eke more out of two heavy days / week but I still only do one heavy leg day (in addition to SLS in warmup and mobility work 3* a week plus running, bouncing and vault). I seem to be gaining leg strength faster than I everhave on this schedule. I'm also curious about dropping down to F7 once per week and doing upper body work the same way, but work capacity is becoming more important to me now so I am unlikely to change course anytime soon :)

Good progress is good progress. Nothing wrong with dialling in to what you need, no one expects you to know that off the bat nor fit straight into a premade template. That's one reason for the forums :)

RF_Guy

I have very little time to train lately between Fundamentals, Stretching, CF, family and very busy projects so I have been following once per week or even 8-9 days template for awhile now. Not perfect, but it is definitely possible to progress and better than doing nothing for sure.

I am also training 2-3 times a day keeping each session very short 10-20 min. except stretching which is always 45 min. It was surprising how easy it is to find multiple 10 min instead of planning 1 hour session.

Mikel
chuchodani said:

In my opinion one of the best schedules is F7 on M/F and H1 Tu/Thu, so you're doing both twice a week. 

   I agree with chuchodani. At the moment, I'm doing F7 twice a week, usually M/Th and the first day followed by TBS (Thoracic Bridge Series). I devote T/F to training Handstands. I must confess that I'm a beginner but, so far, I can recover and my body is adapting quite well. This makes a very hard day followed by a "fun" day, a day off, a hard day, fun and two days off. This cadence also helps my mind because I know that after a tough Monday the rest of the week is just like a slide down.

   On the other hand, I think that schedules are very personal, since life is out there to hinder us in our efforts to have everything under control. I like being flexible too and be able to adapt my training days with my personal and leisure time. That's why I said "usually" at the beginning of this post.

 

Mikel