This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE 5

Started by Itamar sha'ashuaS, August 14, 2015 · 13 Replies · 136 Views

Itamar sha'ashuaS

 

Thank you!

IMG_6715.MOV

Alessandro Mainente

Please upload it on  youtube.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Alessandro Mainente said:

Please upload it on  youtube.

Uploaded

Alessandro Mainente

Nice execution, tyu to not over extend your wrists. in this way you can have a clear measure of your shoulders flexion.

Itamar sha'ashuaS

Ok thanks Alessandro!

Cole Dano

You have a large carrying angle in your elbows which works in your favour. Remember with shoulder opening to look at the angle from the upper arm and not the lower arm. 

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Cole Dano said:

You have a large carrying angle in your elbows which works in your favour. Remember with shoulder opening to look at the from the upper arm and not the lower arm. 

I noticed that when I started doing this.. I didn't know how to solve it and didn't think it is so bad. I'll work on it, Thanks Cole.

Cole Dano

Just to prevent confusion The carrying angle (lateral angle at you elbow) isn't a problem or anything to work on; it's just how you are built. The thing is it might make you feel as if your shoulders are more open that they actually are.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Cole Dano said:

Just to prevent confusion The carrying angle (lateral angle at you elbow) isn't a problem or anything to work on; it's just how you are built. The thing is it might make you feel as if your shoulders are more open that they actually are.

So what should I do? Open up the shoulders more?

Cole Dano

Yes

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Cole Dano said:

Yes

Will do, tomorrow I'll try and keep you updated, thanks.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Cole Dano said:

Yes

Hi Cole, I tried to open my shoulders more and lift the weight from the upper arm on today's handstand session and it looks like that:

 

 

What do you say? it looks better?

Cole Dano

Looks better :)

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Cole Dano said:

Looks better :)

OK, so I'll keep it up until I get to mastery. Thanks.