Sand Bags

Started by jamesters, September 3, 2009 · 3 Replies · 3,070 Views

jamesters

I want to experiment with planche and air baby position using a weighted sand bag, probably around 10-20 pounds. Does anyone have a brand to recommend? Also, does anyone have any good training ideas for using weighted sand bags?

EDIT: I'd like to experiment with certain exercises with the weight on my neck or back which is why regular weights or kettlebells are no good for me, yet many sand bags also seems way to big for my purposes.

Felipe

Jamesters from trickstutorials.com? I'm Felipe from the same forum (internet is so small)

If you can use a bag without crashing in a direction I think it's very useful for progressions. Or you can use elastic bands.

jamesters

Yep that's me, ha! I found a Yoga type of sandbag that goes to 20 pounds. I'll probably buy it next month and see if it's any useful for my training.

Seiji

WOW. You guys should start a TT thread in this forum lmao.

This site is so much more mature and a little more productive, but TT is more fun and active :D That and tricking might seem like fun to these classical gymnasts.