This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Inside Squats

Started by Simon Robinson, August 12, 2015 · 6 Replies · 255 Views

Simon Robinson

Hi all.

 

I just started inside squats this week. I have been taking time with Foundation 1 so its been about a year since I started.

 

I have been feeling stronger and stronger in my legs but the inside squats is the first time my legs feel very different like a tenderness. Is this normal with the start if inside squats?

 

Thanks.

 

Simon

Cole Dano

That's not enough information to say much. But in general, wait for the tenderness to subside before doing your next SLS session.

 

If it continues, get back to us with a more detailed description, and possibly a Form Check video.

Jeremy Huston

Start with a limited ROM that doesn't cause any tenderness.  Over the course of a few months, gradually increase the range until you're at full mastery ROM.

Simon Robinson

Ok thanks guys.

 

I shall take it easy and continue with caution.

Luke Sanders

When I started this it ruined my knees for about 3 weeks after the first session. Once recovered I eased back in to it slowly and it left me with some tenderness afterwards.

Looking carefully at my form I realised I was moving my knees way to far forward and putting the wrong strain in my knees. I addressed this and no more pain.

So make sure you're putting weight back in to your heels, hitching at the hips and not letting your knees come forward too far.

Coach Sommer

Pay attention to the focus point which says to use only half ROM for the first two weeks.  ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Simon Robinson

Thanks Coach. Yes that appears to have been missed by me !

 

Thanks Luke, I shall make sure I doing it as you sugest. Apreciate you sharing your experience.