This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RLL spot and weak grip

Started by Romulo, August 12, 2015 · 4 Replies · 126 Views

Romulo

How to be spotted for stall bars reverse leg lift? I´m not sure how to guide someone to spot me in case of losing the grip and falling.

 

I´m doing it in an uncomfortable metallic jungle gym to replace stall bars and usually I wouldn't have no problem doing the number of reps but my grip starts failing in the last reps of a fourth set (4 X 10) for example.

 

Should I decrease the number of reps and try to strengthen the grip? I was even thinking of replacing it by doing the leg lifts from a Headstand position as recommended in the course to be safe. 

Bro'

Stop with gas in the tank so you never have to worry about falling. It's kinda hard for people to spot you in this position because it will basically involve catching your full bodyweight before your head hits the floor. So basically, keep doing it, when your forearms start fatiguing, you can switch to the headstand variation to be safe.

Romulo

Thank you Bro, I was thinking about doing that, it didn´t seem much feasible to be spotted anyway. 

 

It´s not even the forearms that fail, but the grip and the fingers, because the bars at this jungle gym are not much comfortable as wooden stall bars with the proper diameter. 

Chris Garay

Hi Romulo,

 

If grip strength is your limiting factor, then perhaps you could benefit from adding in a set or two throughout the week of long-duration grip endurance holds. The simplest (and safest) of these would simply be in a dead-hang pull-up grip, but you could always experiment with other positions as well. Good luck!

 

Best,

Chris

Romulo

Hi Chris, thank you, gonna try that too. I didn´t do almost any exercise for more than a year and after returning to Foundation (of course retesting everything from the beginning), there are some elements that I´ve been recovering more quickly, but others like RC are seriously lagging. Maybe that´s why my grip is still very weak.