Finding a physical therapist

Started by Vincearoo, August 11, 2015 · 1 Replies · 1,438 Views

Vincearoo

My wife has been seeing a physical therapist for intense lower back pain, but I feel like he isn't doing anything. The first week he just told her to watch her posture. The second week he said to do some elbow planks and the third week he gave her a side bend stretch and said he doesn't need to see her for a few weeks because there's nothing for him to do.

Now her condition is getting worse. Just this morning she choked on water and now she's in pain even just sitting down.

I feel like there's a wide array of problems that stem from prorated ankles, week gluten, weak/tight obliques etc and he isn't doing anything to absolve those problems despite my wife pointing them out herself. Maybe this is just my uninformed opinion, I don't know.

Anyways, with that small background done, are there any recommended physical therapists in Washington? I live on the extreme east side in Walla Walla, but willing to travel to get her feeling better. Point of reference is 5 hours east of Seattle, 4 from Portland, and 2.5 hours south of Spokane.

LateStarter@46

I agree with you in that just being told to watch your posture is insufficient for an intense lower back pain situation. I would call in the heavy guns and go to a back specialist able to perform imaging investigations (MRI/XRay etc), and get a diagnosis. From this a decent PT would be able to formulate the necessary intensive rehabilitation program.