SE 17, 18, and 19 are causing quite a bit of discomfort. I find the more to the side that I go, the more pain I experience. What could be causing this? Could it be lack of anterior pelvic tilt?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Lower Back Pain MSs/SE17-19
Started by aiken54, August 10, 2015 · 1 Replies · 97 Views
Hi aiken54,
We would have to see a video to know for sure, but many people will be doing quite a bit of rounding from their lumbar spine in order to reach the floor in these drills. Perhaps elevate your hips slightly in order to keep your back straighter during these pancake progressions.
In my own training, I often alternate between sessions where I elevate my hips (to focus on maintaining anterior pelvic tilt) and sessions where I sit flat (to gauge progress and see how far I can reach). Hope this helps!
Best,
Chris