I apologize if I missed this somewhere. I just purchased H1. (Very excited)
My only question is in regards to the programming. When it says the mobility work is to be done in-between working sets... Does that mean in placement of rest completely?
Ex.:
WP/PE2: 4x4r
FKP/PE2: 4x4r
Etc...
Is the mobility done between WP and FKP? If so, is there to be any rest between the 4 sets of WP?
Or is it only to be done between the HS strength reps?
Am I overcomplicating this?
. Thanks in advanced.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Mobility work between sets
Started by TJ Hamburger, August 10, 2015 · 5 Replies · 230 Views
You do all the wrist exercises first (at whatever level you are at for each), then start with the Handstand PE you are currently on. The associated iM goes between each set of the PE you are at - so yes, it does take place instead of rest. There are no iMs for the wrist exercises. Hope this makes sense and has clarified it for you.
Also, it would be best to post HS1 related questions in the Handstand forum ![]()
You don't move to the next PE until you mastered the PE and his paired iM exercise with right technique and tempo.
I appreciate the reply everyone. And yes, sorry- for some reason the HS fourum board was unable to be accessed for me last night... Thanks for moving it.
Just one more thing: there is no prescribed rest in the wrist section- or is it up to me if I need any?
Regarding the HS PEs and iMs, Coach stated that one may rest as needed (unlike Foundation work) since it is skill training; my guess is that the same goes for the wrist exercises.
Coach Sommer said:There is no grey area. Never has it been stated that the PEs and iMs in H1 should be performed immediately one after another without rest.
H1 is skill training. Take the time you need to successfully perform the next set. Do not attempt to follow a timed interval for your rest intervals. Go when you are ready.
Remember also that missed or imperfect sets do not count for credit towards that day's workout.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Wonderful! I'm now set. Thank you for your time everyone.