This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE9 L-chin up

Started by Murray Truelove, August 8, 2015 · 8 Replies · 297 Views

Murray Truelove

5th set. I think the L-sit is solid enough. (sorry for the poor angle)

 

 

Mark Collins

Looks good.

Murray Truelove

Cheers!

Murray Truelove

I'll get another video from a better angle to be sure.

Destiny

This one has had me all summer...

 

My pulling strength has always been decent but my core/hip flexors are holding me back. I even struggle with a set of hanging leg raises.

 

What would you guys recommend to help strengthen my L? Should I just do something like the manna progressions but hanging instead of using pbars? 

 

I recently incorporated those sitting pike leg lifts.

 

I think I might need some more active pike flexibility as well

Freeflyer
Destiny said:

This one has had me all summer...

 

My pulling strength has always been decent but my core/hip flexors are holding me back. I even struggle with a set of hanging leg raises.

 

What would you guys recommend to help strengthen my L? Should I just do something like the manna progressions but hanging instead of using pbars? 

 

I recently incorporated those sitting pike leg lifts.

 

I think I might need some more active pike flexibility as well

I have the same problem as you.  I can perform many of the more advanced RC elements, but my L-strength is non-existent (curse my long legs and years of squats).  My pike flexibility isn't a problem, I can put the backs of my hands on the ground at midfoot.

 

MN progress has been slow, so I guess I'll just keep doing chins with a low L until I catch up there :/  I do play around with more advanced RC elements at the end though.

Keilani Gutierrez

have you tried doing L-hangs?

Murray Truelove
Destiny said:

This one has had me all summer...

My pulling strength has always been decent but my core/hip flexors are holding me back. I even struggle with a set of hanging leg raises.

What would you guys recommend to help strengthen my L? Should I just do something like the manna progressions but hanging instead of using pbars?

I recently incorporated those sitting pike leg lifts.

I think I might need some more active pike flexibility as well

I gave up on MN/PE2 ages ago and have been doing floor L-sits instead, allowed me to jump straight into this element.

I've started holding the top position of MN/PE5, I'm building up to 30s.

Mark Collins
Destiny said:

This one has had me all summer...

 

My pulling strength has always been decent but my core/hip flexors are holding me back. I even struggle with a set of hanging leg raises.

 

What would you guys recommend to help strengthen my L? Should I just do something like the manna progressions but hanging instead of using pbars? 

 

I recently incorporated those sitting pike leg lifts.

 

I think I might need some more active pike flexibility as well

You RC is way ahead of your Mn. Focus your energy on improving the Mn and the L-sit component will not be a problem. While you are waiting for the L-sit to progress build your pulling strength volume with the previous element. I am doing this with Russian dips. My chest mobility has been exposed for whatvit is..non existant. So I am working alot on mobility as well as building up my Korean and Russian dips.