Hey guys long time scince I been here and a lot has changed in my training, basically I was training wrestling and tore my Acl in 2013, then was also hit with cancer so have only really just got back to trainjng the past year.
I had the surgery a year late but did some rehab before. I'll try and make this short as possible .
Basically I came back from the surgery and had one boxing match and one freestyle wrestling match with no problems . I'm back to wrestling practice and it seems ok . I have been doing lots more leg work and I have managed to get back to a 140kg ATG squat with no bounce and a 190kg deadlift at 82kg
I do hamstring curls and balance work while passing a Kettlebell hand to hand to keep me off balance . The surgery leg has a larger glute (compensation ) but a smaller quad marginally and a much smaller hamstring . Ps I had hamstring tendon surgery.
Basically I was practicing the 540 kick and it still feels loose , but I can feel the Acl working . The other day my coach threw me and as I moves through the air it felt kind of loose again. It seems to get better the more rehab I do. The right hamstring is now more flexible than the left.
I have fairly tight hams and hips from grappling. I'm wondering what are the best excercises to strengthen an Acl . Ps I had the surgery a year ago . It feels like it works but I think needs more stability . Maybe I need to build my hamstring to twice the strength ?