This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Got my first front splits!

Started by Destiny, August 8, 2015 · 1 Replies · 218 Views

Destiny

took longer than i had anticipated but I finally got there which is what matters. I only have it on one side but my other isnt far off. the last 6 inches almost felt like it wouldnt budge for months.

yesterday after a front splits stretch session I went for full splits. took 3 tries to be able to bear it but once I got in it comfortably I was surprised how low I was able to go.

the "money" stretch imo is the last one (not standing pike). that one is brutal and I give myself every rationalization possible to skip it but it did wonders to open up my hip.

I noticed today that my quads are unusually sore which never happened after a fs stretch session before.

Sensei JP

Congrats.  I imagine it feels unbelievable.  Can't wait until I join the club.

 

sam_1295.jpg