This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE1 and PE1-im Form check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, August 7, 2015 · 4 Replies · 118 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Due to a shoulder impingement issue, I started my upper body exercises back at PE1 to be sure that I progressed in an honest way. Here is my crack at mastery of incline pushups. I had initially done the pushups at hip and knee height while recovering from the shoulder pain, in the video the bar is about half shin height (I figure that the lower I progressively set the bar, the easier the transition will be into regular pushups). I also filmed the strength and mobility element from different angles just to be sure it is spot on. 

 

Thanks

 

Incline Pushups:

 

 

German Arm Swings:

 

 

korija

on the pe arms closer in

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Noted. Who knew...i hadn't mastered incline pushups. Sigh.

Pafke

Turn elbows out when you get on top of pushup (plank) and keep elbows as close as possible to body.

Your bar on which you do incline pushups is deffinitly to low, i think you would master it if you lift bar at height as bar on course video is.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I'm intending to have the bar low. It increases the difficulty. I don't feel any exertion on my arms or chest when the bar is at hip or knee height. Furthermore, as Zach has pointed out my mobility could be further refined and mastered. So, being that this is PE1 and that I am still working on mastery of the mobility I would prefer to incrementally work towards HBP/PE2 by slowly lowering the incline until I am on the ground. I can do incline pushups with a bar at hip height until the cows come. I did 35 in one set after I saw a physio a few weeks ago, just to see where I landed after taking some time off. So, I'd rather get more tension and exertion from the muscle until I get to PE2 (I also know that incremental progress will make the transition to PE2 easier).