Floor exercises for front lever

Started by Aidan, August 6, 2015 · 6 Replies · 3,525 Views

Aidan

Anybody know of any good floor exercises to help me build strength to my front lever?

I'm currently on the flat back stage and want to increase strength through other methods as my forearm is injured and I am trying to rest is as much as possible (I've been training on it for some while now so I need to rest until fully recovered).

The only exercises I know are a dish hold whilst swinging the legs up and down (for core purposes) and holding a weighted object such as a medicine ball, placing my legs on top of and under a bar and making a reverse sit up motion (lower back purposes) aside from that, any others? Thanks to those who feedback.

korija

You should def buy foundation, it has plenty

Bosco

you could do a victorian lean on the floot but if you can only do a flat tuck front lever it might destroy your rotator cuff so, you should stick with the core exercises you already do.

Alexander Egebak

Hollow holds are pretty basic and should get you started

bigB

Can you be more specific about what's wrong with your forearm?

If you just can't grab something with your hand, you could use webbing to create a grip.

Aidan

I can grip fine. The pain is deep in my forearm now. When I do a tiger bend handstand that's when I feel the pain the most.

Aidan

'you could do a victorian lean on the floot but if you can only do a flat tuck front lever it might destroy your rotator cuff so, you should stick with the core exercises you already do.'

What do you mean by this? Could you explain please