I can't do a straddle!!!

Started by nbraun198, September 2, 2009 · 6 Replies · 3,163 Views

nbraun198

Well its just weird. I mean, I can lie down on the floor on my stomach in straddle position, but i can't hold it in planche position. I start in tuck planche and then extend my legs, but once i get to a certain point, there is just an immense amount of resistance on the back of my legs and i just feel that i cant open them so they're straight, i can just hold it in a bent position.

The same goes for front/back lever. I can't do the back straddle, and i cant do front straddle with straight legs, but i can do the full front lever. I just skipped the straddle altogether.

Is this a flexibility problem?

braindx

active flexibility problem, yes

nbraun198

Which stretches could i do to help solve the problem?

braindx
nbraun198 said:
Which stretches could i do to help solve the problem?

Active flexibility means working the flexibility while using your muscles to support the position. Reverse hypers in straddle would probably work well

irongymnast

Reverse hyper=RLL?

Nick Van Bockxmeer

Any type of leg lift where you straddle your legs using your muscles only...

braindx
irongymnast said:
Reverse hyper=RLL?

Google reverse hyperextensions... exrx has good pictures