outdoor trampoline recommendations
Started by bigB, August 4, 2015 · 2 Replies · 2,325 Views
I would recommend a rectangular trampoline, with a net, especially if it will be above ground. I purchased one for our backyard and have been saved by the net several times. I am only doing very basic work. Some home owner's insurance policies require a net, and some policies will not cover trampoline injuries. It is very important to determine what your policy states regarding trampolines before purchasing one.
My sense is that anything so small as to tip or fold will not be sturdy enough for serious use, especially by a larger adult male.
I have used my trampoline often, as have my children, but I occasionally regret the space that it takes up. It is somewhat of an eyesore. Since our area is in a drought, however, I don't have a back lawn anymore, so there would be naught but dirt if I did not have it.
Yeah, they used to anchor down standing above ground trampolines at Regional/National Congress with sandbags besides having 8"ers all around.
Definitely get a net, it really sucks to bounce off a tramp and it's why I really dislike above ground trampolines because of this. Luckily, I was inside a gym and somehow escaped injury though my boss helped catch me once.
Aussie beds are designed to bounce 10 meters but your typical black bed won't ever spring you that high. It's enough for handsprings and saltos. It also won't cut your feet and scrap up your knees.
Seriously, cover your knees or they will get red as all get out.
6'1 #230...yeah, a fall will mess you up off the tramp. That's why we don't let kids ever bounce from the bed to the side when there turn is down or off the tramp itself to the floor. It's asking to blow out an ankle or knee.