This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

DOMS - at start of week 2 in F1. Advice on work load

Started by Alana Nelson, August 3, 2015 · 5 Replies · 211 Views

Alana Nelson

Hi, I am in week 2 of F1 and loving it. Every time a properly complete a strength and mobility properly I move to the next exercise block the very next session. But am now suffering DOMS. Is this ok to push through? Or am I training too hard (4 day program)?

( I know this tempo will slow down anytime now as I'm starting to hit my peaks)

I find my other HIIT has dropped off a bit as this is a great intense fitness program in itself (it's taking around 30mins each session to complete as the reps and sets increase).

Freeflyer

DOMS is normal when you introduce a novel stimulus.  It doesn't necessarily mean you are training too hard.  As long as there isn't pain it is fine to train through it. 

Jeremy Huston

I agree with Nick -- DOMS is nothing to worry about.  It's completely up to you whether you want to work through it.  Foundation is a long journey, so if you dial it back to 2 days a week for the first month or two as your body gets used to the movements, it's not a big deal.

Alana Nelson

Thank you! I did train through it today. Although I am sure as I get further in to it it will get tougher. It is just new load and mobility and stretch series is stretching muscles I didn't know I had :)

Jon Douglas
Alana Nelson said:

Thank you! I did train through it today. Although I am sure as I get further in to it it will get tougher. It is just new load and mobility and stretch series is stretching muscles I didn't know I had :)

 

This is something you will almost certainly encounter again ^_^

DouglasMN
Jon Douglas said:

This is something you will almost certainly encounter again ^_^

Like every time you progress to a new exercise...

 

I'm always excited to master an element. Deload week feels great. I feel like a beast. Aaaaand then I meet a new friend on day 1 of the next block.