Tips for Press to Wide-Arm/Japanese/FX-InvertCross-Handstand

Started by Blairbob, September 2, 2009 · 3 Replies · 2,453 Views

Blairbob

Any tips on Press to Wide-Arm/Japanese/FX-InvertCrossHS?

I've been playing with it lately and I think I like to turn the hands back like a maltese. Seemed to help a bit.

I've also working press downs on the wall and balancing off the wall with super wide arms.

I only did this gingerly today because my left elbow is recovering from being tweaked last week. It felt better today but after a few reps, I called it done. Skipped the forward roll to HS in straddle and pike in WU so I wouldn't tire myself and warmed up with a few press to HS.

The only weird thing is starting in a very wide straddle so I can get my head close to the floor. When I look in the wall mirror I try to place my hands so they are at the same height as my head.

Would be a cool "C" if I could hold it for 2s. In fact, probably the only "C" I could do within 6 months.

Gregor

first exercise from higher ground to lower, second from lower ground to higher (like normal HS presses), and third normal execution.

Other thing is just to hold Japanese HS to the wall or to the pommel horse (legs are free and upper body are is to, just mid section-hips are on the pommel). More or less practicing it like normal HS.

Blairbob

Thanks, Gregor. I've been doing them on the wall, stomach to wall with just my instep touching and tapping off to get the balance.

I was mainly wondering about the hand positioning regarding balance.

Gregor

sideways...how can you go low enough if you have palms pointed backwars? (may palms are not even slightly that movabal :lol: =