This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Form Check Please

Started by Mike_R, August 3, 2015 · 3 Replies · 122 Views

Mike_R

Hi Guys,


 


Can you give me some feedback on my Hinge Row technique?


 


Here is the video link (it's unlisted etc)


 



 


I did this set at the end of my workout as it was the only time I could get the camera set up in the commerical gym that I train at - sorry about the angle and lighting.


 


I can see that my hips are moving up and down which is something that I have been working on. The main question is am I hinging far enough forward?


 


Are there any obvious tweaks I can make to improve my form?


 


Thanks


 


Mike


Chris Garay

Hey Mike!

 

You are correct in saying that your hips are moving a bit too much. Set up your body so that your hips are directly underneath the rings, and that should help you hinge the correct amount. At the top your torso should be completely vertical, whereas in the video yours is a little shy of that angle. Keep at it!

 

Best,

Chris

Mike_R

Cool, thanks Chris. Good tip - I was wondering about my initial setup/ rings placement. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Mike_R

worked out nicely today Chris. Kept the hips still, hit the right angles and managed 3 x 9r + 1 x 6r... Hopefully next session I can hit the 4 x 9r and move on.

 

Will post another video soon.